Hi from Wynnum

Guest Farrizios

Guest Farrizios

New to the forum, been in Oz now for over two years and settled in Wynnum!

Thought I'd start by saying hi to all.

P&M

Guest spadgersdad

Hi P & M

We are not far from you were based in Thornlands, been here nearly 4 years and love the Bayside wouldnt want to live anywhere else

P&M

Hello

Welcome to the forum! We live in Thornlands and love it here. The Bayside is such a beautiful place to live. Are you happy in Wynnum? I hope you come back and post some more.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest Farrizios
Hi welcome to PIO - where the devil is Wynnum?

Julie x

Wynnum is on the Bayside next to Manly. It's a great place to be and we love it.

Would love to meet up with others in the area.

P.

Guest Farrizios

I would like to propose a meet up on Sunday 4th October on the Wynnum/Manly bayside - anyone interested?

EDIT - Date NOW CHANGED TO SUNDAY 18th Oct

:)

Guest Farrizios
would love to but i'm working till 3 30 any chance of another day :-)

OK then changed to the 18th :spinny: will give us more time to spread the word on the forum.

Meet on the grass opposite the kid's climbing frame at midday (it's tall so hard to miss) which is along the Esplanade, Manly - Click here for google map link with streetview

There is a small beach, climbing for the kids, toilets, BBQ areas and Manly market nearby so plenty to do.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Suz2011

Hi I am from Scotland looking to emigrate in early 2011. I am 39 husband 44 and have 2 boys 10 and 11. Been looking at Wynnum it looks lovely. Husband is a Welder and i am in accounts do you think there are any jobs of that nature in that area. Thanks

Hiya Ive just joined PIO and live in Cleveland (5 months now) sorry cant make the meet as have family over. Have a great time and hope to meet some peeps soon xx

Guest meganhannah

P&M

Hey, coming out to do a reccie on 25th october looking at manly, wynumm. Got an appointment to visit high school do you know what its reputation is like.

jo

Guest Burns Clan

Hi in middle of immigration process, we were considering Wynnum, Manly etc, can you tell me if it's a good area for kids?

Thx

Guest Farrizios

Wynnum and Manly are great areas for kids. The bay is amazing and has plenty of parks and there are always plenty of things to do.

• 9 months later...
Guest Alison London

Hi Rudi

How far is Wynum from the CBD by road? (is it possible also to travel in by train) I have read it is a 15 minute drive - is this true? me, my hubby and 6 year old daughter are moving to Brisbane in sept - I like the idea of bayside living but near city and hubby def doesn't want a long commute..any help, much appreciated. Alison

Hi Rudi

How far is Wynum from the CBD by road? (is it possible also to travel in by train) I have read it is a 15 minute drive - is this true? me, my hubby and 6 year old daughter are moving to Brisbane in sept - I like the idea of bayside living but near city and hubby def doesn't want a long commute..any help, much appreciated. Alison

Hi Alison, Wynnum is about 20kms by road to the CBD. There is a train station that takes you right into the city. Just google Wynnum 4179 Qld and there are maps and things. My daughter lives in Manly and they love it there. We`ll be there for a visit at New Year to meet the new grandchild. Our visa will take around 2 years from now so we must be patient. Good luck with the move!

Archived